(Photo: Polizei Chemnitz, AP)
The week's gems include what might be the perfect summer crime -- driving a swimming pool:
1. Police pull over ... a swimming pool: The "carpool" has finally gone literal: Four men decided to beat the heat in Eibenstock, Germany, by taking a ride in a convertible on Sunday -- only this was "a convertible of a slightly different kind," according to police. Yes, a swimming pool on wheels.
2. $500K fire set by ... aspiring firefighter: Firefighters who turned up to battle flames at a Florida library found a guy in firefighting gear was already on the scene. The 18-year-old later admitted setting the blaze so he could show off and maybe land his dream job.
3. Woman accused of assault on garbage man: A Pennsylvania woman faces assault and harassment charges over her garbage pickup. Police say the woman, enraged after the garbage truck passed by her house, hit the trash collector in the face and yelled things like, "You drive a garbage truck and I drive a Range Rover."
4. Woman hits McDonald's drive-thru -- on a horse: If you're on horseback and desperate for a Quarter Pounder, you are out of luck. A U.K. woman found this out the hard way over the weekend, when she tried to ride a horse through the drive-thru at a Manchester McDonald's. It did not end well.
5. Man busted after threats against Nancy Grace: A New York state man tweeted a series of gruesome death threats to a pair of newscasters-and when he was arrested, he may have been on his way to make good on them, police say. David Lee Simpson was obsessed with convicted Arizona murderer Jodi Arias, and he apparently wasn't happy with the way Nancy Grace and Jane Velez-Mitchell covered her trial.