Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
Makes 1-2 servings
- 2 cups milk (recipe based on skim milk, 1%, 2%, or whole may be used)
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin OR 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Spice Syrup (your choice)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute (is using substitute, less is needed)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more to garnish
- 1 to 2 shots espresso, about 1/4 cup of espresso or 1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee
- Whipped cream, to garnish
1) Brew a cup of strong coffee or 1 to 2 shots of espresso
2) Find a jar with a sealable lid- Make sure the jar can hold4 cups of liquid. The ingredients should fill the jar no more than half way to allow for room for the froth to expand.
3) Add two cups of milk to the jar, and then add 2 Tbsp canned pumpkin, ½ -1 Tbsp of sweetener of choice or real sugar (to taste) Start with less, you can always add more, 2 Tbsp vanilla extract, ½ pumpkin pie spice.
4) Screw the lid on the jar tight. Shake for 30 seconds or until all of the ingredients are spread throughout the mixture.
5) Take the lid off of the jar and place in microwave for 30 sec-1 miin (until warm) (you could also place on stove top)
6) Add 1 cup of the mixture to ½ cup strong brewed coffee or to taste.
7) Top with whipped cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice (optional)
Any remaining milk mixture can be kept in refrigerator for up to three days.
Calories: 115, Fat: less than 1 gram, Protein: 8.5 grams, Calcium: 30% of your daily value