(KSDK) -- Thanksgiving was just a few days ago, and chances are you still have leftovers in your fridge.
Rather than just reheating them, how about transforming them? Amanda Stahl, from Nature's Own, stopped by Show Me St. Louis with a few ideas.
Click here for more information on Nature's Own.
Second Time Around Turkey Sandwiches with Apple BBQ Sauce
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup finely chopped peeled apple
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
1/2 cup honey barbecue sauce
2 cups chopped or shredded cooked turkey
4 Nature's Own 100% Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns, split, toasted if desired
4 slices Monterey Jack or Muenster cheese
Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, apple and
cinnamon. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add apple juice concentrate and
barbecue sauce. Reduce heat to low and cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir
in turkey; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Spoon evenly on bun
bottoms. Top with cheese and bun tops.
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Add your favorite condiments - tomato and lettuce would work well. A little leftover cranberry sauce would also be a compatible flavor with the barbecue.
Turkey Pinwheel Bites
To make this easy appetizer, slices of Whitewheat® are flattened and layered with cream cheese, fresh spinach, tomato and smoked turkey, then rolled up tightly and sliced into pretty pinwheels.
Ready in: 25 minutes +30 minutes of chill time
8 slices Nature's Own Whitewheat® Bread, crusts removed
1/4 cup cream cheese spread
1/2 cup packed baby spinach leaves
2 ounces deli-sliced smoked turkey
1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1) Flatten bread slices with rolling pin until very thin.
2) Spread each with 1 tablespoon cream cheese spread.
3) Layer evenly with spinach, green onions, tomato and turkey
4) Press gently on layers to compress slightly.
5) Starting at a long end, roll up bread slice to enclose filling; pinch edge closed.
6) Wrap each roll tightly in plastic wrap; chill 30 minutes.
7) To serve, cut each roll crosswise into 4 slices, forming pinwheels.
Turkey, Brie and Apple Sandwich
Piled with savory roasted turkey, creamy Brie cheese and crunchy red and green
apples, these sandwiches are as beautiful as they are delicious.
Servings: 2 Ready in: 10 minutes
4 slices Nature's Own Honey Wheat bread
3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
Bibb or leaf lettuce
6 ounces sliced roast turkey
4 ounces thin slices brie cheese
1 small red or green apple, cored and thinly sliced
1) Spread each of the 4 slices of bread with mayonnaise.
2) Layer 2 slices of bread with lettuce, turkey and cheese.
3) Top cheese with apple slices.
4) Top with remaining 2 slices of bread.