Banana Pudding Poke Cake
1 box yellow cake mix (eggs, oil, and water to make the cake)
2 (3.4 oz) packages instant banana pudding
4 cups 1% milk
1 (8 oz) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 packages honey graham crackers
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for a 9 x 13 cake. Once cake comes out of the oven, allow it to cool for just a couple of minutes. Then, with a wooden spoon handle, begin poking holes in the cake.
- You want to make sure the holes are big so that the pudding has plenty of room to get down in the holes. Poke directly down in the cake till you hit the bottom of the pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together instant pudding mix with 4 cups of milk. Stir until all of the lumps are gone.
- Pour pudding over cake, making sure the pudding gets in to the holes in the cake. Spread it evenly over the cake with the back of your spoon gently pushing the pudding in to the cake.
- Put the cake in the refrigerator to set and cool (about 2 hours). Once your cake has completely cooled, spread on the whipped topping.
- Crush your graham crackers (you can do this my placing them in a plastic zipper bag and using a rolling pin). Spread them over your cake directly before serving to make sure they remain crunchy! Serve with freshly sliced bananas and enjoy!