Whether you pride yourself on being fashion-forward or just want to impress your date with your savvy style, here are some of the top men's fashion trends for spring 2013! You can find them all at West County Center. www.shopwestcountycenter.com.
1. Stripes: Stripe it up! Designers Gucci, Dolce & Gabanna, and Jean Paul Gaultier were lining up to show this trend. Whether you prefer a fresh colorblocked look, vintage pinstripes, or a timeless nautical vibe, try a striped button-down shirt, tee, shorts, or tie. Bands of color even work on pants when paired with a neutral top. Vertical and horizontal stripes are equally hot.
2. Bold prints: To be solidly on-trend, wear a wacky pattern! This spring, just about anything goes: sneaky critters like spiders, whimsical polka dots, geometric shapes, global motifs, and (for the bravest among you), tiny flowers. You can ease into this trend with a printed necktie, belt, bowtie, socks, or button-down shirt beneath a monochromatic sweater. Prints are so popular that they are easily found at every price point, from affordable options at JCPenney to splurge items from Louis Vuitton and Burberry.
3. Camouflage: Arm yourself with extra style this spring by wearing a camouflage print piece Camo has been fighting to stay trendy for several seasons now and shows no signs of defeat. You won't be able to blend into your surroundings wearing a camo garment, so stick to just one piece with sleek neutrals: a jacket, a tie, pants, or tennis shoes. Combat the winter doldrums with items from Valentino and J Crew.
4. Spring suits: This spring, it's all about modern updates of your classic suit! Gucci and Tom Ford designed some dapper duds. Instead of standard white or blue, try a seersucker suit in a darker color palette like grey, navy, or black. You will look (and feel) cool even when the temperatures climb. Or, invest in a slim-cut suit. Lightweight linen and cotton suits with sharp silhouettes keep you polished. Double-breasted jackets have also found their way back onto the runway and into the office. But don't just borrow your dad's - this spring's sport coats have a more contemporary and less boxy cut.
5. Faded colors: If you were never sure how to pull off the vivid colors of seasons past, don't fret. In 2013, the trend is to wear bold colors that have been faded and washed-out. Ralph Lauren, Rag and Bone, and Kenneth Cole embraced their faded glory this spring. The colors resemble the dusty hue from multiple washings of a much-loved garment. While faded colors are perfect for mixing and matching, you can work up to that by starting off with a pair of chinos or a sweatshirt. Rusty reds, dusk blues, sandy yellow and greyish purples are understated shades that brighten your wardrobe.