Cinco De Mayo Segment
Avocados from Mexico
- Chips and Guacamole are a staple for Cinco de Mayo, which is great because avocados contain nearly 20 vitamins and minerals and only 50 calories per 1 oz serving (3 slices).
Pineapple and Cucumber guacamole - http://www.theamazingavocado.com/recipes/categories/all-recipes/pineapple-cucumber-guacamol/#.UXWIW7JlRLM
Fish Tacos -
Tostitos Traditional and Cantina Thin & Crispy tortilla chips
- Can't deny chips at Cinco De Mayo so check out this chip with only three simple ingredients: Corn, oil and salt
- Pairing these chips with guacamole will bring the distinct and delicious taste experiences from the Mexican restaurant to your home.
- Healthy dips that scream Cinco De Mayo
- Skinny Layer Dip
- Mango Salsa Scoops
- Pour lots of alcohol and sugary add-ins into a super-sized glass and you've got yourself a 600+ calorie cocktail! Skip the too-sweet drink mixes and opt for our fruity versions, all under 275 calories.
- Get sweetness from fresh fruit juice instead - you'll get some extra vitamin C that way too. You also want to cut back on the booze. All that alcohol will cost you 100 calories per ounce on average
3. A few more tips:
• Serve your cocktails in 8-ounce rocks glasses
• Garnish with fresh fruit
• Splurge on top shelf tequila - treat yourself to one good drink instead of a few cheap ones
Recipe for---Citrus Burst Margaritas
Serves: 4 (1 6-ounce glass each)
1 cup silver tequila
1/2 cup Triple Sec
1 cup freshly squeezed citrus juice
1/2 cup sparkling water
Sliced citrus for garnish
Kosher salt for glass (optional)
Combine ingredients in a pitcher and stir to combine. To serve, shake individual portions with ice in a cocktail shaker and pour over ice in a salt-rimmed glass, if desired. For frozen cocktails, blend ingredients in a blender with crushed ice.
Nutrition Info (per serving):
Total Fat: 0 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 30 grams
Sodium: 145 milligrams