Craig Kreeger named new Virgin Atlantic CEO

8:18 AM, Jan 8, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

(CNN) - Virgin Atlantic has picked an American Airlines executive as its new CEO, as it looks toward a partnership with Delta to boost transatlantic business.

Craig Kreeger, a senior vice president at American Airlines, will succeed Virgin chief executive Steve Ridgway when he retires next month.

Kreeger will bring first-hand experience of working closely with Virgin's arch rival, British Airways. He spent six years in London as American's head of operations and sales for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.

Delta Air Lines bought a 49 percent stake in Virgin for $360 million in December, but Sir Richard Branson retains the remaining 51 percent of the company.


Most Watched Videos