Whitney Matheson, USA TODAY
This Friday marks the essential holiday known as National Donut Day. (It dates all the way back to the 1930s.) Several companies are celebrating with tasty freebies, so take note:
- Krispy Kreme is offering a free donut to everyone on Friday with no purchase necessary.
- Dunkin Donuts will offer a free donut with the purchase of a beverage on Friday.
- LaMar's Donuts is giving away free donuts Friday with no purchase necessary, and a portion of this week's sales are being donated to The Salvation Army.
- Print this Facebook coupon, and you can get a free donut at Tim Hortons with any purchase on Friday.
- From now through June 15, Entenmann's is donating $1 to the Salvation Army for everyone who likes the company's Facebook page. It has also launched a Donut Day sweepstakes, where 100 winners will receive free Entenmann's donuts for a year. (Hundreds of other prizes are offered as well.)
Enjoy the sweets! To learn more about National Donut Day, head to donutdayusa.com.