St. Louis, MO (KSDK) - Police are looking for an armed man who robbed two Washington University students who were riding bicycles near campus Wednesday night.
Police said the robber knocked one victim off a bike in the 6000 block of Pershing and demanded his backpack. The second victim was stopped on his bike and the robber demanded his backpack.
The victims were not injured.
The robber got away with two laptop computers a kindle and an iPhone.
Police recommend people take the following precautions:
- Avoid walking or jogging alone and never walk or jog alone after dark.
- Always choose a well-lit path and avoid dark or vacant areas.
- Carry a whistle to summon help.
- Be alert to your surroundings. If you suspect you are being followed, run in a different direction; go to the other side of the street and yell or whistle for help; or head quickly to a lighted area, a group of people, or business.
- If you are confronted by a thief, give them what they want and don't chase them as they leave. Report suspicious persons or activity immediately to the Police.
- Be extra cautious if someone approaches your car and asks for information.
- Consider using the Campus2Home Shuttle Service. For more information visit transportation.wustl.edu.