St. Louis (KSDK) - We often talk about the impact of holiday stress takes on people and their families, but your pets are at risk as well.
Dr. Stacey Wallach from Town & Country Veterinary Hospital is offering the following advice for pet owners:
- Keep pets away from food. Holiday favorites can cause digestive issues.
- Keep pets away from christmas trees and plants. They could have harmful bacteria and chemicals.
- Protect your pet from stressful situations. Large, loud groups can cause anxiety.
- If you put a pet outside, watch the weather and make sure it's not too cold for them.
- Do not give pets alcohol.
For more, watch Doctor Wallach's interview with NewsChannel 5