LIVE VIDEO: Show Me St. Louis    Watch
 

Three-alarm fire at Wilson School in Clayton

7:11 PM, Mar 29, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Clayton, MO (KSDK) - Firefighters from several departments battled a three-alarm fire at Wilson School in Clayton.

Firefighters were called to the scene at 400 DeMun when the fire alarm was going off around 2:30 a.m. Thursday. Crews arrived to find smoke coming from the roof of the building.  They had a difficult time tracking the fire because it ran through the attic.

School officials say the students are on spring break this week.

Firefighters are still assessing the extent of the damage but said that the structural integrity of the building was intact.

The Wilson School is a 99-year-old school in Clayton.

Chief Mark Thrope with the Clayton Fire Department says the fire was accidental and started in an electrical connection.

KSDK

Most Watched Videos