Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg (AP Graphics)
By Ann Oldenburg, USA TODAY
Just in case you were interested in knowing more about the 27-year-old med school grad who got the Facebook billionaire to put a ring on it, here are some tidbits about the new Mrs. Zuckerberg, aka Priscilla Chan.
- Her ivory, laser-cut wedding gown was by designer Claire Pettibone and retails for $4,700. It is available on Pettibone's website.
- A self-proclaimed "simple creature," Chan, a Chinese-American, was born in the Boston suburb of Braintree, Mass. Her Facebook page says: "i like the food network, warm places, sun dried tomatoes and diet a&w."
- The two met at Harvard, where he offered her a job at Facebook. She described him as "this nerdy guy who was just a little bit out there."
- They played Michael Jackson music at their wedding reception.
- The fewer than 100 guests at the wedding were surprised to be at a wedding. They thought they were attending a party to celebrate Chan's graudation from he University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, where she studied pediatrics.
- Before they wed, the two agreed to some ground rules about their life together, including: "One date per week, a minimum of a hundred minutes of alone time, not in his apartment and definitely not at Facebook."