(KSDK) -- Chef Eric Brenner, from Bold Organics, will do a cooking demonstration Saturday, August 25 at Dierbergs in Des Peres. The store is located at 1080 Lindemann Road.
Brenner was on Show Me St. Louis preparing gluten-free fried chicken.
Click here for more information on Bold Organics.
The company's products are currently sold at Dierbergs and Whole Foods. They'll soon be available at Schnucks and Straubs.
Gluten Free Fried Chicken
2 whole Organic Chickens, quartered
1.5 tsp Cayenne Pepper
2.25 tsp Black Pepper
1 TBSP Kosher Salt
1.5 tsp Onion Powder
.5 tsp Garlic Powder
1 pint Rice Milk
2 TBSP Vinegar or Lemon Juice
2 TBSP Cayenne Pepper
3 TBSP Black Pepper
4 TBSP Kosher Salt
2 TBSP Onion Powder
2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 cups Brown Rice Flour
1 cup Tapioca Flour
1 cup Potato Starch
2 cups Olive Oil
1.25 cups Grapeseed Oil
1. Combine the Vinegar (lemon juice) with the Rice Milk. Let rest for one hour.
2. Combine all spices for the marinade to the milk mixture.
3. Poke the chicken vigorously with a fork and add to the marinade.
4. Rub the chicken with the spiced milk marinade, cover, refrigerate 1 hour
5. Mix the ingredients for the flour mixture
6. Heat oil to 325° in a cast iron skillet
7. Dredge the chicken into the flour mix and set chicken in the heated oil
*DO NOT OVERLOAD THE PAN! MAINTAIN OIL TEMPERATURE!
8. Cook chicken flipping once until golden brown and thoroughly cooked
9. Internal temperature 165° and juices should run clear (approx. 20 minutes)