St. Louis (KSDK) -- The Visiting Nurses Association (VNA) will offer offer flu shots this fall.
Flu season can begin as early as October and last as long as May.
The CDC recommends getting a flu shot as soon as it becomes available. The 2012-2013 flu vaccine protects against three strains of the flu virus deemed most prevalent by the World Health Organization. Even if people received a flu shot last year, they still need a vaccination this year as the vaccines are modified annually to address new strains of viruses.
The VNA will administer flu shots at Krispy Kreme drive-thrus:
• Sept 20, 7 to 11 a.m. Krispy Kreme - Fairview Heights 5812 N. Illinois, Fairview Heights
• Sept 21, 7 to 11 Krispy Kreme - Fenton 1871 Bowles Ave., Fenton
• Sept 27, 7 to 11 Krispy Kreme - Florissant 10880 W. Florissant, Jennings
• Sept 28, 7 to 11 Krispy Kreme - South County 6935 S. Lindbergh Blvd., Lemay
"Say Boo to the Flu" family clinics in October will be for those who are 6 months and older.
• Oct. 6, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. O'Fallon Family YMCA 3451 Pheasant Meadows Dr., O'Fallon
• Oct. 13, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Lindbergh High School 4900 S. Lindbergh Blvd., Crestwood
A complete list of places to get a flu shot from the VNA is available on the VNA website.
Visit www.vnastl.com to see which insurance plans qualify and a complete list of vaccines and prices.