Recalled dishwasher catches fire in St. Peters home

6:16 PM, Nov 26, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

St. Peters, MO (KSDK) - A recalled dish washer caused $70,000 in damage last week after it caught fire, Central County Fire & Rescue Chief Russ Mason says.

The dishwasher was recalled by BSH Home Appliances Corporation for Bosch and Siemens model dishwashers in January 2009 after it was determined an electrical component could overheat, creating a fire risk.

The family whose home caught fire was not aware of the recall.

Chief Mason recommends consumers check out recall information on the Consumer Product and Safety Commission's website regularly to check for dangerous products they may own.


Most Watched Videos