Toddler dies after ingesting chili powder as punishment

7:31 AM, Jan 8, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

APPLE VALLEY, Calif. (KTLA/CNN) - A toddler is dead after police say she ingested chili powder as punishment.

Authorities were called to this California home on Sunday for a child suffering a seizure after eating the chili powder.

The 2-year-old girl was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

The child's 21-year-old caretaker, Amanda Sorenson, is now facing charges.

Sorensen is being held on $500,000 bail.


Most Watched Videos