ST. LOUIS (KSDK) - Here are five stories we're following on Today in St. Louis. Tune in NewsChannel 5 from 4 a.m. to 7 a.m. for the latest news and information.
1. Urban Crime Summit moves to St. Louis: A four day "meeting of the minds on urban crime shifts to St. Louis today after two days in Kansas City. Both cities consistently rank in the top 10 nationally for high levels of violent crime. Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster is working with police and prosecutors in St. Louis and Kansas City to try and come up with a way to combat violent crime among kids. The summit starts at 9 a.m. at the new downtown St. Louis University School of Law. More information: http://on.ksdk.com/155wd9v
2. Kirkwood students make pledge to stop texting and driving: The entire Kirkwood student body will make a pledge today to stop texting and driving - a phenomenon that, according to the National Safety Council, accounts for 1.6 million crashes every year. A recent survey found that 78 percent of teen drivers would not text and drive if they friends tell them it's wrong. More information: http://on.ksdk.com/16E2b04
3. Grumpy Cat gets an endorsement deal: Grumpy Cat might actually have a reason to smile...or at least, not frown. The internet sensation now has an endorsement deal as the official "spokescat" for Friskies cat food. The brand is made by St. Louis-based Nestle-Purina. The cat who became famous for an internet meme of her scowl-like face also has a movie deal in the works and a merchandise line. More information: http://on.ksdk.com/1dooQPT
4. Pop some tags with the thrift shop divas: A new St. Louis-based reality show is set to make its online debut. "Thrift Shop Divas" will follow a team of financially savvy fashion experts as they take clothes and wares - bought at Goodwill - and turn them into first class wardrobes and unique home designs. A new St. Louis-based reality show is set to make its online debut. "Thrift Shop Divas" will follow a team of financially savvy fashion experts as they take clothes and wares - bought at Goodwill - and turn them into first class wardrobes and unique home designs. Happening later on Today in St. Louis, one of the show's founders will show Steve Patterson how to shop. More information: http://on.ksdk.com/18xOZwl
5. I0S 7 could be released at 10 a.m. PT today: The highly anticipated upgrade to the iPhone's operating system could happen sometime today. If tradition holds, that release could come at 10 a.m. Pacific Time today, but Apple has been mum about the details. We have more information about the operating system, as well as the new iPhone, here: http://on.ksdk.com/1eOT96t