Lana Del Rey. Photo credit should read VALERY HACHE/AFP/GettyImages.
By Korina Lopez, USA TODAY
Last year, Shazam predicted that Frank Ocean, Lana Del Rey, A$AP Rocky and Michael Kiwanuka would be stars in 2012. They were right.
For 2013, the mobile phone-based music identification service again sliced and diced up the numbers behind the trends they were seeing, comparing internet hype with their own database.
These are the predictions for stardom they came up with:
* French Montana, an American-Moroccan rapper who worked with Rick Ross and Lil Wayne on the hit single,Pop That.
* Bei Maejor, a writer/producer behind tracks by Trey Songz and Justin Bieber, who is getting ready to release solo material.
* Aluna George, the London duo of Aluna Francis and George Reid who fuse R&B and dance music.
* Joey Bada$$, a Brooklyn rapper who makes '90s-style hip hop.
* Becky G, a pop starlet who has the backing of Simon Cowell and will.i.am.
* Angel Haze, a rapper known for her single "New York."
* Rhye, a duo whose understated, sensual brand of piano pop has been trending.
* Tito Lopez, a Mississippi-born rapper who was featured on The Hunger Games soundtrack.
* Baauer, an American producer who blends dubstep and hip hop.
* Haim, three sisters from Los Angeles who create indie pop music.