ST. LOUIS (KSDK) - The Better Business Bureau is warning Americans about scams related to the Supreme Court's ruling upholding the Affordable Care Act.
It offerst he following tips for consumers who are approached by door-to-door salespeople:
· High-pressure tactics are often a part of fraudulent door-to-door sales and solicitations. Don't let yourself be hurried, intimidated or coerced.
· If you are interested in buying from a door-to-door seller, get everything in writing, including price, warranty and all conditions. Tell the salesperson you will check over the information and get back to him or her.
· Always ask for proper identification before listening to the pitch.
· Never let a stranger inside your home.
· If you feel threatened, call the police.
· Be skeptical of email offers or pop-up ads touting health insurance. Legitimate insurance companies aren't likely to contact you online to sell insurance.