Ladue, MO (KSDK) -- A landscaping crew recently saved the life of a client's family member. And It just happened to be the family pet.
West County Gardens has worked for the Niemann family for 15 years. On a recent work-day, the crew noticed one of the family dogs was tangled in the other's collar while rough-housing.
The older dog Maizy, accidentally choked Holi -- leaving her lifeless on the ground.
The men rushed to her side, and one even performed CPR on the dog.
Those who were there were sure she was already dead.
"After he was doing the mouth to mouth, then she kind of did a gasp for air and she came back and she just slowly started breathing again on her own," says Margee Niemann the dog owner. "And it was because of the quick actions of the workers. It was amazing," says Niemann.
The family says the dogs are especially important Margee because they were Mother's Day and Christmas Gifts.