St. Louis, MO (KSDK) - It is one of the most popular reality competition shows on TV and Saturday two of the chefs you've seen on Bravo's Top Chef will pick up their knives and compete here in St. Louis at Soulard Farmers Market.
It's part of Top Chef: The Tour and today Chef Ed Lee from Season 9 stopped by First at 4 to share a delicious recipe perfect for July 4th.
You can see Chef Lee compete Saturday at 10:30 a.m., noon and 1:30 p.m.
Here's the recipe for Grilled Rib-Eye Steaks in Fish Sauce Marinade with Vegetable Skewers.
1 cup honey
1 cup Red Boat fish sauce
½ cup grape seed oil
½ cup bourbon
5 tablespoons Bourbon Barrel soy sauce
3 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons ground coriander
2 tablespoons white pepper
3 Rib-eye Steaks, about 10 ounce each
1 head cauliflower
2 Red peppers
1 package button mushrooms
3 pieces zucchini
1 package long bamboo skewers, about 6 inches long
1. Make marinade by whisking all the ingredients into a bowl.
2. Pour half of this over the steaks and let marinade in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
3. Cut up the cauliflower, red peppers, button mushrooms and zucchini into chunks and layer them onto bamboo skewers and transfer to a casserole dish where they can lay flat. Pour the remaining marinade over the vegetable skewers.
4. Heat the grill until it is very hot. Add the steaks and grill until medium rare, turning once, about 8 - 14 minutes depending on the heat of your grill. Add the skewers and grill just until the vegetables are soft and charred, a few minutes at most.
5. Serve the steaks with the vegetable skewers on the side. Serve with rice or cous-cous.