St. Louis (KSDK) -- A beer created by St. Louis brewmaster Jim Bicklein will be part of the Budweiser Beers Project 12 Sampler Pack.
The winners were selected after a summer-long nationwide sampling effort.
Beers from brewmasters in Los Angeles and Williamsburg, Virginia will also be featured.
The limited edition sampler pack will be on sale October 12 in a 12-bottle package containing four of each beers.
Budweiser Batch No. 91406 (Los Angeles):
• A deep-amber lager with 6 percent alcohol by volume (ABV).
• The beer was originated by brewmaster Bryan Sullivan in Los Angeles in collaboration with brewmasters Scott Ungermann in Fairfield, Calif. and Dave Cohen in Houston.
• "Our collaboration team used caramel malt on Batch No. 91406, which gives the beer a deep amber color and a little more body," said Sullivan, whose signature will be on the bottle. "It has a little bit more hop character than our flagship Budweiser lager, but like Budweiser it's a very clean and refreshing beer."
Budweiser Batch No. 63118 (St. Louis):
• A deep-golden pilsner with 6 percent ABV.
• The beer was first brewed in St. Louis by brewmaster Jim Bicklein and was developed in collaboration with brewmaster Katie Rippel from Fort Collins, Colo.
• "The original Budweiser brewery is, of course, here in St. Louis, so we wanted to honor our brewing heritage with a beer that uses ingredients that German immigrants, like our founder Adolphus Busch, would have used when they came to the United States," Bicklein said. "In this pilsner we use the same types of Hallertau and Tettnang hops commonly used in St. Louis during the late 1800s."
Budweiser Batch No. 23185 (Williamsburg, Va.):
• A bourbon cask lager with 5.5 percent ABV.
• The beer is brewed by Daniel Westmoreland from the Williamsburg, Va. brewery and was developed in collaboration with brewmasters Mike Anderson in Jacksonville, Fla. and Dan Kahn in Cartersville, Ga.
• "We took staves from fresh bourbon barrels and we aged the beer on those staves and spiced it with a hint of vanilla," said Westmoreland, who has been a Budweiser brewmaster for more than 30 years. "It's an all-malt brew, and it has a perfect color that is similar to the color of bourbon itself. Batch No. 23185 has a nice vanilla aroma with a little oakiness on the end - it's a great beer."