LIVE VIDEO: NewsChannel 5 at Five    Watch
 

Investigation underway after fire inside Creve Coeur home

10:23 AM, Dec 6, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Creve Coeur, MO (KSDK) - A two alarm blaze heavily damaged a home on Spoede Road early Thursday.

Firefighters responded to the scene in the 200 block of South Spoede just after 1:00 a.m. Thursday and found heavy fire in the rear of the home near a porch.  The flames were spreading up the back portion of the structure, and fire officials called for a second alarm.

One person was inside the burning home, but was able to get out safely.

Neighbors told police they were awaken by the crackling of the fire, and went outside to investigate.

The Fire Marshal determined it was an accident and started in a  trash can on the back porch.  He said cigarettes were found in the trash can, but it was too early to know for sure if they started the fire.

Firefighters from Creve Coeur, Ladue and the Monarch Fire District assisted in getting the fire knocked down and extinguished.

KSDK

Most Watched Videos