LIVE VIDEO: Show Me St. Louis    Watch
 

Florissant carbon monoxide leak sends seven to hospitals

11:10 PM, May 12, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

FLORISSANT, Mo (KSDK) -- Seven people were rushed to hospitals Sunday morning after a carbon monoxide leak at a home in Florissant.

Firefighters were dispatched to the 3500 block of Stonehaven just before 8:00 a.m. after a woman called 911 saying she was unable to wake the other seven people in the house.  The woman also reported feeling sick.

Once the people were removed from the home, they slowly started to regain consciousness. All were taken to the hospital as a precaution.

Investigators believe the family fell asleep last night with an attic fan running. When the temperature dropped overnight the home's gas fuirnace kicked on. Most of the windows in the home were closed which caused the attic fan to draw carbon monoxide from the furnace and into the house.

Carbon monoxide is a tasteless and odorless gas which can be deadly. Firefighters say everyone should get a carbon monoxide detector if they do not own one already.

KSDK

Most Watched Videos