SHOW ME AWAY TO CHICAGO SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, Show Me Away To Chicago (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents of the City of St. Louis, Missouri and the following counties: St. Louis County; MO, St. Louis City, MO; Calhoun, IL; Clay, IL; Randolph, IL; Washington, IL; Marion, IL; Fayette, IL; Montgomery, IL; Macoupin, IL; Greene, IL; Bond, IL; Jersey, IL; Madison, IL; Clinton, IL; St. Clair, IL; Monroe, IL; Phelps, MO; Reynolds, MO; Jefferson, MO; Franklin, MO; St. Charles, MO; Warren, MO; Lincoln, MO; Pike, MO; Gasconade, MO; Crawford, MO; Washington, MO; Iron, MO; St. Francois, MO; and Ste. Genevieve, MO who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of KSDK-TV (“Sponsor”), Gannett Co., Inc., Chicago Convention & Tourism Bureau, Absolutely Chicago Segway Tours, Radisson Hotel, Calson Rezidor Hotel Group, Chicago’s First Lady Cruises and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, and other agents, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win. Individuals are eligible to win only one prize within any thirty (30)-day period, regardless of the number of Sponsor sweepstakes entered.
3. Entry. The Sweepstakes will begin at 12:01 a.m. (C.T.) on Monday, June 11, 2012 and end at 1:00 p.m. (C.T.) on Monday, June 25, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
Internet Entry: Enter by visiting Show Me Away To Chicago Sweepstakes official registration page on the KSDK-TV website www.ksdk.com and completing all of the required information and following all posted instructions. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. Complete the entry form and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the “SEND” button. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor regarding Sponsor’s products and services. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Sweepstakes website or in any email received from Sponsor.
Maximum of one (1) email entry per person per day of the Sweepstakes Period. All entries must be received by 12:01 p.m. (C.T.) on June 25, 2012.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
4. Winner Selection. One (1) winner will be randomly drawn from all eligible entries received to be held on or about June 25, 2012.
- Prizes and Odds. The winner will receive a Grand Prize travel package from Chicago Convention & Tourism Bureau for four (4) to Chicago, IL, including one (1) gift certificate good for two (2) nights accommodations, at the at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel for one room, occupancy for four (4) people (ARV:$600); four (4) Chicago CityPASS booklets (ARV: $336); one (1) gift certificate good for four (4) people toward a 90-minute tour aboard Chicago’s First Lady Cruises (ARV: $152); one (1) gift certificate good for dinner for four (4) at Lou Malnati’s in Chicago (ARV: $50); and one (1) gift certificate good for four (4) people toward a segway sightseeing tour for Chicago provided by Absolutely Chicago Segway Tours (ARV: $240). (ARV: $1378 total Grand Prize package).
Costs of meals (including alcoholic beverages), all transportation to and from Chicago, gratuities and all other expenses not specifically included in the Grand Prize package are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner is solely responsible for making all travel, tour and dinner reservations. Prize may be subject to blackout periods, and reservations are subject to availability. Grand Prize package must be completed by September 7, 2012. Other restrictions may apply. Persons traveling with the winner must travel together on the same date and on the same itinerary as the winner.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winner will be announced on Show Me St. Louis program on KSDK TV on June 25, 2012 between 12:30 p.m. (C.T.) and 1:00 p.m. (C.T.). Winner will also be notified on June 25, 2012 at the email address provided on winner’s entry form and must respond to Sponsor’s notification by e-mail within 48 hours after notification. Failure to respond to Sponsor’s e-mail notification or return of email prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim the prize, the winner must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at KSDK, 1000 Market Street, St. Louis, MO 63101 within five (5) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. (C.T.) and 5:00 p.m. (C.T.) weekdays) to receive the hotel voucher, tickets and gift certificates, and a valid photo identification may be required. Winner may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. The persons traveling as guest of the Grand Prize Winner must also sign any affidavit or release that Sponsor may require. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries, or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible or liable for operation of the Chicago Convention & Visitors Bureau, hotel, water tour providers, segway tour and restaurant, including delays, rescheduling, cancellations or closings.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The Show Me Away To Chicago Sweepstakes is sponsored by KSDK-TV. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after June 25, 2012) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.ksdk.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), Show Me Away To Chicago Sweepstakes, 1000 Market Street, St. Louis, MO 63101. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Mary T. Dolan at email@example.com, or 314-444-5251.