KSDK’s “The Voice” VIP Auditions Contest
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, KSDK’s “The Voice” VIP Auditions Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal U.S. residents(excluding Puerto Rico), 18 years or older at the time of entry, limited to residents of the City of St. Louis, Missouri and each of the following counties in the State of Missouri: St. Louis; Phelps; Reynolds; Jefferson; Franklin; St. Charles; Warren; Lincoln; Pike; Gasconade; Crawford; Washington; Iron; St. Francois; and Ste. Genevieve; and each of the following counties in the State of Illinois: Calhoun; Clay; Randolph; Washington; Marion; Fayette; Montgomery; Macoupin; Greene; Bond; Jersey; Madison; Clinton; St. Clair; and Monroe. Employees of KSDK-TV, (“Sponsor”), Gannett Co., Inc., The Voice, NBC Network, NBC’s casting company, and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Contest will begin at 5:00 a.m. (C.T.) on Monday, August 1, 2011 and end at 5:00 p.m. (C.T.) on Friday, August 19, 2011 (the “Contest Period”). Entries will be accepted beginning at 5:00 a.m. (C.T.) on Monday August 1, 2011 until 11:59 p.m. (C.T.) on Wednesday August 10, 2011 (the “Entry Period).
During the Entry Period enter by uploading a video of the contestant singing the music and lyrics of one of the songs listed below on the Contest entry page (http://www.ksdk.com/thevoice), completing all of the required information on the entry from, (name, address, email address and daytime phone number), any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the “SEND” button. The contestant must sing one of the following songs for which the music and lyrics are available through the Contest entry page: My Heart Is With You by Ernie Halter; Miss Kennedy by Ingram Hill; Always by Tony Lucca; or Your Mistake by Sister Hazel. Performances must be a cappella or accompanied by live musical instruments. No other song selections will be accepted, and no pre-recorded musical accompaniment is permitted as part of the video entry. Videos are limited to one (3) minutes in length. Videos of longer length will be disqualified. Email files and videos submitted, by other means, directly to Sponsor will not be accepted. Each video submission must be an authentic, original video and the contestant must own the copyright in the video. Winners must be available to travel to Los Angeles, California on Monday, August 29, 2011 and Wednesday, August 31, 2011. Contestants certify that individuals other than themselves shown in the videos have been informed that the video and their image has been entered in the Contest and have no objection to the submission and Sponsor’s display and posting of such video for the purposes of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify or withdraw any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party’s intellectual property rights, or that Sponsor deems obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Contest website or in any email received from Sponsor. Maximum one (1) entry per person. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (C.S.T.) on Wednesday, August 10, 2011.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible, garbled, inaudible entries, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Contestants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, create a sound recording of, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants.
4. Winner Selection. First Round Selection: On or about Thursday, August 11, 2011, a panel of qualified judges, selected by Sponsor, will judge all eligible entries according to the following criteria: 50% vocal quality, 25% presentation of the performance, and 25% combined personality and enthusiasm. The ratings scale for each criterion will range from one (1) to ten (10), with ten (10) being the highest score. Judging will conclude on or about Friday, August 12, 2011. The five (5) contestants with the highest cumulative scores will be designated finalists (each, a “Finalist” and collectively, “Finalists”). In the event of a tie, tied entries will be re-judged on the same criteria listed above. Decisions of judges and Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects.
Second Round Selection: The Finalists’ videos will be placed on the Contest website http://www.ksdk.com/theVoice for public voting beginning at 5:00 a.m. (C.T.) on Monday, August 15, 2011 to 5:00 p.m. (C.T.) on Friday, August 19, 2011. The Finalist who receives the highest percentage of eligible votes as of 5:00 p.m. (C.T.) on Friday, August 19, 2011 will be the one (1) Winner. Limit one vote per owner of an ISP account regardless of email address. Online voting is limited to individuals who are 13 years and older.
5. Prizes and Odds. The Winner will receive a “The Voice” audition package consisting of the following: One (1) VIP pass granting access to the front of the audition line for “The Voice” in Los Angeles, California on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 and Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at a venue selected by NBC’s casting company; round trip coach class air fare for him or herself and one (1) guest on an airline selected by Sponsor departing from St. Louis to the a Los Angeles area airport on Monday, August 29, 2011, returning to St. Louis on Wednesday, August 31, 2011;and two (2) nights double occupancy hotel accommodations in a Los Angeles hotel selected by Sponsor. (ARV of total prize package: $1,200).
Prize may be subject to certain restrictions and black-out periods may apply. Travel must be completed within the specified audition date period. Costs of meals, ground transportation, gratuities, taxes, transportation to and from airport, and all other costs or expenses, not specified above, as part of prize package are the sole responsibility of winner. No alternative travel or audition date will be provided.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The five (5) Finalists will be notified on or about Friday, August 12, 2011. The Winner will be notified on or about Friday, August 19, 2011 via email and telephone at the email address and telephone number provided on the winners’ entries. Sponsor will call during regular business hours and will leave no messages. Failure to reach winner by phone after three (3) attempts and failure by winner to respond to Sponsor’s email notification within 24 hours or return of the email notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize, each winner must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 1000 Market Street, St. Louis, MO 63101 during regular business hours (between the hours of 9:00 a.m. (C.T.) and 5:00 p.m. (C.T.) weekdays) no later than 5:00 p.m. (C.T.) on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 and must present a valid photo identification. Each verified winner will receive a travel agency contact to verify air travel and hotel accommodations and NBC’s casting company will contact each winner directly by email or phone with registration confirmation, instructions and information regarding the audition venue location. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release that must be returned as directed by Sponsor certifying that the entrant’s submission is entrant's original work, that entrant owns right to the work, that the submission has not previously won an award or prize in a contest and that entrant has complied with the Official Rules of the Contest.. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected entries or votes poor quality videos, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries, or votes submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for operation of the audition or for any delay, cancellation or postponement of air travel or the audition.
8. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each contestant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the contestant’s submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each contestant further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsors may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of Sponsor.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. KSDK’s “The Voice” VIP Audition Contest is sponsored by KSDK. The decisions of Sponsor and the Contest judges regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after August 12, 2011 or a copy of these Official Rules, visit ksdkr.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), “The Voice” VIP Audition Contest, 1000 Market Street, St. Louis, MO 63101. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Jeff Winget at email@example.com or 314-444-5224.